Friday 11 September 2020

Tramp

 Lake Daniels


On the 9th of September  Room 8 went for a day tramp to Lake Daniell. For preparation to go on the tramp we had to learn about hyperthermia and what we need to pack in our backpacks. We also had to do an imovie around our learning about “leave no trace.”The tramp was 8.4 km one way.  We had to be at school at 8 o'clock in the morning. We left school by 25 past 8. Before we left we also had to show Ms Kemp our wet weather gear, just in case it rained.


 I went up in a car with Tim Robbins, my Grandad, James, Indi and myself. The car ride up was good because we talked lots about planes, motorbike farms etc. On the way there and back we went through Lewis Pass. It was so windy. 


My favourite part was getting to the lake. It was my favourite part because you could see the lake for a little before you got to the hut and I got excited. I also liked how we had lunch right next to the lake. I had noodles for lunch so I was happy. 


I also liked when we had a moss fight. But we soon got caught and sent to the back. I understand the destruction we did to nature and how they might have been homes to tiny insects,but the fantails would love eating the bugs we turned over! Jokes! I felt bad  about what we did.


It was harder on the way back towards the end because we were going fast. The view was so pretty and the day was so sunny. I had lots of fun with my friends. 


When we headed home from the tramp I felt sick. So we stopped at reefton for some air. My Grandad said he would have got us ice cream but he thought no because I would probably throw it up. Damm! We did this tramp for the William Pike challenge. I like doing stuff outside of the classroom. I can't wait till our next tramp!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.