Thursday 20 October 2016

Smart Cookie News (1)

Once a week we get a small amount of time to do our own writing projects that we chose.  My Friends and I have started a news group called Smart Cookie News.  We chose topics to write about and then we also create a news clip.  Here is our first piece that we made.  We hope you enjoy. 



Rendered Image
Rio De Janeiro.  


Natalie Rooney wins silver at the Rio Olympics 2016, in Clay Bird Shooting.
Natallie is 28 years old and finished second overall in the Clay bird shooting semi finals.
Natalie sadly missed out getting into the New Zealand Olympic Team in 2012. However she then trained hard to get into the 2016 Olympics. She has been competing for ten years now.
There was a little bit of funding to help her. She said, "She's got a very supportive Dad that helps her  for funding and stuff like that."






Timaru's Natalie Rooney has booked her trap shooting spot to the Rio Olympics after winning the Oceania Championships.

Natalie Rooney in action at Rio.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Billie, its Dakota. I really like this piece of writing because it tells you a lot about Natalie Rooney. I like how you included a lot of your friends in this video and writing. Next time you could put more people in your video. I like how you have kept going with smart cookie. I know a lot of people are enjoying being in smart cookie news! Ka pai! Good job Billie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the comment Dakota. Also in our other smart cookies we have more people.
    From Billie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Bilie my name is Jacob I am from Grey Main School. I like your work and it makes me laugh because it reminds me of one of my friends nick name is cookie. How did you come up with the idea of cookie news as a name? Heoi ano taku mo naianei (That's all for now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacob it's Billie here from Karoro School. We got called smart cookies from a teacher in room one( she teachers yr8 and yr7).So me and my friend came up with Smart Cookie News. Thank you for commenting on my work.
    ka kite -( bye)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.