Friday 29 September 2017

The Time With Missy

Sometimes in Room 7 we get to have Free Time Writing. I have been working on a piece of writing about my horse, but she is sadly not mine any More . Read My Work To figure out what happens. This is a true story!

The Time With Missy

Hi my name is Billie and I got a horse for my  9th birthday.
The day before my birthday was a swimming meet, I like to swim.  As I swam my last race I got changed and my friend asked if I wanted to come to her house.

When I was at my friends house we had fun but I was extremely excited for my birthday. As my Mum, Dad and family drove up to the house I was confused. AS I hopped into the car my mother told me we were going to pick up my birthday presents. My family told me what that present was. They told me we were going to pick up a horse. I nearly sprang out of my seat!

As we drove to Gloriavale we parked the car and met with John. Then we saw a black horse with a bright red bridal. I rode her and I loved her. John told us why they had missy: “ Missy was in the truck to go to the meat works but the driver thought she was in full, that means going to have a baby. Then Gloriavale wanted to have the foal instead of the horse and it turned out that Missy wasn’t pregnant she just ate too much grass.

So then we hooked up the rusty float to the car, then put the horse in there. Then we drove to my Gramp's farm. As soon as We got there we unloaded my horse.

We started to think about her name. At first  we wanted to call the horse Flicker but then as we started to ride the Horse and we realised that she was stubborn. So I wanted to call her Missy. Everyone liked the Name. As the sky turned pink, I realised we needed to say goodnight to Missy. I was at my grandparent’s farmhouse. Then I had to go to bed. The house was warm and cosy .

The morning came slowly. It was my birthday and I got some small presents.I had breakfast. I was determined to see Missy.

AS weeks went by I tried to see Missy every weekend. Soon I started to realise that I wasn’t very good at walking Missy and lungeing her. Sometimes I would be scared and run away. Sometimes I didn’t want to go and see her but when I was with her I loved every second.

One night I told my mum that I didn’t think Missy was good for me or I’m not good for her. So we both decided to take her back to Gloriavale. When we finally got to Gloriavale John was very happy to see her. As I was so sad to see her go I knew it was  the right thing to do. The next couple of days were sad and happy at the same time.

By Billie


Screenshot 2017-07-26 at 10.08.10 AM.png20161016_155657.jpg20161016_160201.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.